You enquire to know if there is a way to add additional options for the Service Category and Incident Category fields in a Service Request.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service Desk work center.
- Select the New Service Request Common Task.
- Under the Categorization section, you will find the fields Incident Category and Service Category.
The Service Categories and Incident Categories for a Service Request maintained in the Service Category Catalogs of the Service Entitlement work center.
In case you already have a released Service Category Catalog for the Usage of Service Requests, it will not be possible to add Service Categories or create a new catalog for the same Usage.
However, the exising catalog can be replaced with a newer version.
The steps to do so would be as follows:
- Go to Service Entitlements work center.
- Go to Service Categories view.
- Select the concerned catalog and select the Version option under the New button.
- Under the General tab specify the date from when you prefer the new service categories to take effect.
- Under the Catalog Structure tab you can create new category names.
The category names in the highest level in the hierarchy are the Service Categories and the following levels becomes the Incident Categories.
Also ensure that the new version of the catalog is released using the Change Status button.
KBA , incident category , service category , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To