Product Discount is maintained as Automatic Entry has Priority and therefore you expect the discount field in sales quote as editable, but in the system its greyed out.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the New Business work center.
- From the Common Task select New Sales Quote.
- Enter the Account details and maintain Sales Organization and Distribution Channel.
- Click on the View All button and go to the Items tab.
- Enter the Product ID ABC and system picks the Discount XX% automatically and the field Discount (%) is greyed out.
If you select Automatic entry has priority in Configure Price Strategy then you can only change the price component value if it has not already been defined in the system.
This is an expected system behavior.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To