You want to know how to disable or deactivate the approval process for certain period of time.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Application and User Management work center.
- Choose the Approval Processes view.
- In the field Show, select All Approval Processes active and scheduled.
- Select the approval process for Supplier Invoice.
- Choose the button copy.
- Try to maintain the Valid From date as future date.
- System does not allow.
This is system behavior that it is not possible to deactivate the approval process for some time period once it is set and used in the documents.
It is not possible to switch off the approval process for certain period, the only way to switch off is to deactivate the approval process for supplier invoicing in the scoping and whenever you want this to be active then you have to scope it back again in the scoping.
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Choose Implementation Project view.
- Choose button Edit project scoping.
- Go to the step 4 Questions.
- Under Supplier Invoicing, choose Supplier Invoices and Credit Memos.
- Here the question “Do you want to use an approval process for supplier invoices?” Deselect the check box and save it.
- Now the approval process will no longer be available in the system for supplier invoice.
- If you want this to be active again you can do it by selecting this check box again.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To