After you release a purchase order the system does not create the corresponding sales order in the intercompany process.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Choose the Purchase Orders view.
- Find the Purchase Orders ABC (ABC represents the intercompany purchase order ID).
- Click Edit.
- Click the View All button.
- Go to the Document Flow tab.
Here you can see that system did not create the sales order.
The related project is not of the type Customer Projects with sales integration. Therefore the project is not integrated with sales and the system is unable to create the intercompany sales order out of the purchase order.
To view the project type follow the steps below:
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Choose the Projects view.
- Find the Project DEF (DEF represents the intercompany Project ID).
- Click the Edit button.
- Go to Project Plan tab.
- In the Basic Data section you can see the project type.
Note: Once a project is released the Project Type cannot be changed and if you change the Process Variant after releasing the project the system will still not create a sales order.
To see which project type is assigned as an intercompany project follow the steps below:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Choose the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the implementation project GHI (GHI represents the Implementation Project).
- Click the Open Activity List button.
- Select the Fine-Tune tab.
- Click on the Project Types activity hyperlink.
- Navigate to row with the Name Intercompany Project.
Here you can see in the Process Variant column for an intercompany project that the process variant is Project Processing - For Customer Projects.
To create the Sales Order automatically during the intercompany purchase order process, the Process Variant for Intercompany Projects must be Customer Projects.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To