You have posted a bank statement and you see the post processing status as required; You try to click on it the payment allocation screen gets opened and you receive the error message
Posting date invalid due to closed accounting period; contact Accounting.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Liquidity Management work center.
- Go to Bank Statements.
- From the Show list select All Bank Statements.
- Select the statement ID in question and you observe that bank statement post processing status as Required.
- Click on Required
Post processing status shows required due to the reason that posting date selected in the payment allocation is invalid and the period to which it belongs to is blocked for posting the transactions so the system has not automatically allocated the payment.
In case it is not an option to re-open a closed period - post the payment allocation to a date and period which are open for posting the transactions by referring to open & close periods
- Select the Payment Allocation ID from Payment Management / Liquidity Management work center
- In the Payment Allocation screen click on view all
- Change the posting date to a period which is open for posting
- Click on Post
KBA , SRD-FIN-CLM , Cash and Liquity Managment , How To