You have created a journal entry voucher with type 087 — Manual Entry for Materials and screen variant 630 – Manual Write-Up/Write-Down for Materials. But this journal entry voucher does update the inventory cost of the material.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to General Ledger work center.
- Go to Journal Entries View.
- Go to Journal Entry Voucher sub-view.
- Create a New Journal Entry Voucher with type 087 — Manual Entry for Materials.
- Select the screen variant as 630 – Manual Write-Up/Write-Down for Materials.
- Enter the relevant details and Post the Journal Entry Voucher.
- You navigate to Inventory Valuation work center.
- The Material Cost is not update although the cost method of the material is maintained as Moving Average.
You have created the manual journal entry with GL account of type Purchase price Difference. These are differences account and therefore by using the Write-up and Write down these accounts will be balanced. This does not update the inventory cost of the material.
In order to update the material cost, you should post the manual entry to the Inventory G/L accounts and not differences accounts. These are basically Asset accounts. Posting to these accounts hits the material ledger, and it will be reflected in the Material Cost.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To