Your setting in the Business Configuration Activity Time Zone Maintenance is different from the default UTC. In this case that we will use as an example the customer time zone was set to CET which corresponds to UTC +1.
You run a standard report, for example Customer Contract Volume (technical ID CRMCCOIB_Q0001), and move the characteristics Calendar Day into the report. You may notice that the calendar day in the report is different to the one shown in the object (contract in this case).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- You enter a new customer contract XYZ (where XYZ represents the customer contract ID) in the Sales Orders work center, Contracts view.
- You change the date /time in the Contract Item Date fields to 17.09.2017 00:00 CET.
- You go to the view Sales Orders work center, Reports view.
- Find the standard report Customer Contract Volume and open it.
- Move characteristic Calendar Day into the report.
- Find the contract XYZ.
The report will display field Calendar Day as 16.09.2017.
In the backend we always store the date / timezone content in the UTC format.
The reports picks up data from the backend, so the report data would always be in the UTC format. Hence, 17.09.2017 00:00 CET is stored as 16.09.2017 23:00 in the backend and therefore the report displays this date.
It is not possible to change this behavior in reports as of now.
A possible workaround could be to update the field Contract Item Date to 17.09.2017 01:00 CET. Then the report should display the Calendar Day as 17.09.2017.
wrong date, time zone, reporting , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , Product Enhancement