Customer wants to know if it is possible to execute a Revenue Recognition Run in one date and post in another future date.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Cost and Revenue Work Center.
2. Go to Periodic Tasks View.
3. Click on Revenue Recognition Sub-view.
4. Click on New and then on Revenue Recognition Run.
There is no option to define a specific posting date for Revenue Recognition Run.
This is the system correct behaviour.
The Revenue Recognition Run is started for a certain accounting period.
If this accounting period:
- is lower than the actual period, the last day of that accounting period is used as posting date.
- equals the actual period, the actual day is used as posting day.
- is greater than the actual period, the first day of that accounting period is used as posting date.
There is no way to influence this posting date which is derived as described above.
KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To