When you try to close a Change Project, system throws below error message:
Action CLOSE not possible; action is disabled
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view.
- Highlight the Change Project and select Open Activity List button.
- Go to Go-Live phase.
- Try to close the change project using Change Project activity.
The cause for the issue could be, you are trying to close the change project without Implementing it.
1. If you wants to close the Change Project without implementing the changes in the Change Project to Productive, then cancel the change project with the steps described in the case document 1778755 - How to Cancel a Change Project Without Implementation?
2. If you wants to implement the changes in this change project to productive and then close the change project then follow the below steps:
1. Go to Business Configuration work center.
2. Select Implementation project view.
3. Highlight the change project.
4. Select Open Activity List button.
5. Go to Go Live phase.
6. Open the activity Merge Changes with Production System.
7. Select Start Merge. Note: Ensure that Activities in other tabs are completed.
8. Now, you are able to close the change project using the activity Close Project.
Note 1: If you have a Change Project in Test System, You can cancel the Change Project in the Test system. The status of the Change project should get reflected immediately through RFC connection if the production system is available at that point of time.
Note 2: If the Change project is in status Tested, it is fine to cancel the change Project.
3. If the Change Project is already Merged but still the above issue occurs then cause for the issue is that you have not closed the activities which has Repitition Required as Yes. So, close those activities before closing the Change Project.
KBA , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To