When you try to add the Supplier Part Number for some of the existing Materials using the migration of Materials but system throws below error message:
Update not possible; specified data for MATERIAL-SUPPLIER_PART_NUMBER with key SUPPLIER_ID = `XYZ` does not exist
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the Projects and select Open Activity List button
- Go to Integrate and Extend phase.
- Open Migration of Materials activity
- Select source file and select Excecute Migration and choose Excecute Migration Step by Step.
The cause for the issue is could be that the Migration Mode for the selected is Modify already existing records, this mode is to make correction in the already existing information in the Supplier Part Number.
If your requirement is to add Supplier Part Numbers for the set of Materials, then use the migration mode Enhance already existing records.
Note: You can also use the Mass Data Maintenance work center to update the Materials.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To