You want to know why there is always a Shipping Duration maintained for an Outbound Delivery.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics work center.
- In the field Show,select All Outbound Deliveries from the drop down list.
- Select any Outbound Delivery ID and Edit it.
- Select the option View All and navigate to the General tab.
- Here you can see that under section Dates, there is a difference in the duration between Shipment Date and Delivery Date.
The Shipping Duration defines how many number of days are required to deliver the ordered goods to customer.
You can check the shipping duration using the following steps:
- Go to the Supply Chain design Master Data work center.
- Go to the Transport Lanes view.
- In the field Show, select All Transport Lanes from drop down list.
- Search with relevant Transport Lane ID using Find option.
- Select the Transport Lane ID and Edit it, a new window opens.
- Under Transport Lane, there is a field name Shipping Duration.
- This is the defined duration (number of days) which determines the Shipment Date.
KBA , shipping duration , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To