You have created a custom report based on the Financial Statements Data Source and when you run it you notice that the behavior is not as expected.
For example no or inconsistent data is shown although when you check the SAP standard report, i.e. Financial Statements, both the behavior and data are correct.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
In this example, the custom report was created as New and the Fiscal Year Variant characteristic was not selected during the report wizard as following:
- Business Analytics work center then Design view.
- Select New then report.
- Enter the desired Report name and select the desired Data Source. In this case, Financial Statements data source.
- Select the desired Key Figures and Characteristics (Step 2 and 3). In this case Fiscal Year Variant was not selected.
- For the characteristics selected, maintain properties (step 4). In this case Fiscal Year Variant was not visible.
- For the characteristics selected as variables, maintain properties. In this case Accounting Period/Year was selected as variable.
- Select Finish.
- When running the report no data was shown and the following message displayed: No report data available to display.
The system behavior is as designed.
In financial accounting, due to the interdependencies between the underlying data source and the key figure structures, it is strongly recommended that you create new reports only by copying existing reports.
To enable full and consistent data in financial accounting reports, the following characteristics are always required as fixed or variable selection criteria:
- Set of Books
- Accounting Period/Year
- Chart of Accounts
- Fiscal Year Variant
NOTE: When you copy a financial accounting report, these characteristics run automatically in the background and therefore you do not need to select them in the Select Characteristics step.
You only need to select characteristics in the Select Characteristics step if you want to be able to display them in the report.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To