When binding 2 same prompts from 2 different queries based off same UNX, the binding is getting over-written and both the prompts are bind to the same cell.
- Dashboard 4.0 SP05
- Dashboard 4.1
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a UNX off any database and create Parameter within Business Layer using @Prompt Selector.
- Create a query within Dashboard Designer using Query Browser.
- Bind the prompts to a cell within Excel, say A1
- Create another query off same UNX and bind the prompts to another cell, say A2.
- Save and close the Dashboard.
- Open the dashboard again and check the binding of the Prompts for both the queries. They are bind to cell A2.
The issue has been identified and logged under Problem Report ID ADAPT01703945
This issue has been addressed in SP07 Patch 2 and BI4.1 SP01 Patch 1.
To fix the existing Dashboards:
- Upgrade Dashboard client to Patch7.2 or higher.
- Open existing dashboard, delete all DSL which contains @prompt
- Re-create these DSL connections
ADAPT01702727, Prompt binding, overwritten , KBA , BI-RA-XL-DSL , Dashboards, design-time, design on multi-source , Bug Filed