You have created and ordered the purchase order. Later you have attached a document like package details, additional terms etc. to the purchase order. This triggers a changed purchase order notification to the supplier and creates a confusion at supplier side because they get notification for changed purchase order. Hence you want to know, how to stop this notification for changed purchase order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Common Task section.
- Select New Purchase Order.
- Fill the mandatory details.
- Order the Purchase document.
- Now attach the required documents to the sent Purchase Order.
- System triggers a Changed Purchase Order to the Supplier.
System triggers change purchase order notification because purchase order has been changed after it was sent to the supplier. Whatever the changes you do after it was sent to the supplier, system will consider the order as Changed Purchase Order. This is a standard behavior. As a workaround, you can attach the required documents before the approval process. This will not trigger the Changed Purchase Order and avoids confusion at Supplier side.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To