The approval task created for the Goods and Services Receipt (GSR) is completed but the status of GSR is displayed as In Approval.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Goods and Services Receipts work center.
- Select the Receipts and Returns view.
- Now select the respective Receipt and select the Edit button.
- The status of the GSA is displayed as In Approval
Few examples where this situation might occur:
- GSR is posted say for current month and same goes for approval. In case the manager does not approve in the same month and when he tries to approve in the next month, accounting period may be locked for the
previous month and GSA approval would fail. This is happening quite frequently.
- Also during Approval it is checked if the Approving Employee is still active in the system and even this check may fail at times but this situation would be rare.
To get rid of the this inconsistent status of the GSR, following changes are provided through a Software correction in the current release:
The approval task would not be completed. Once the manager selects the Approve action from Manage My Area work center, an error message is displayed as per the situation explained above and GSA status would
be inconsistent .
After solving the inconsistency for ex: In case Accounting period is blocked , open the period again , approver must Send Back the GSR for Revision. Then GSA can be posted again and approval must work fine this time.
KBA , AP-GSP , Goods and Service Acknowledgement , How To