While creating a New Outgoing Check you enter a text in Memo Line field that will be submitted to the payee on the check. Right after, you change the payment allocation in Payment Application Method area, from Reference to Items to Direct Posting to G/L Account or the opposite and note that the text entered in Memo Line vanished.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payment Management or Liquidity Management work center
- Select New Outgoing Check under Common Tasks menu
- Enter a text in Memo Line field
- Under Payment Application Method area, change the payment allocation from the default selection (e.g. from Reference to Items to Direct Posting to G/L Account)
- Note that the text you typed in Memo Line vanished
This is the normal system behavior. It was a development decision to delete all data from Memo Line field when switching the Payment Application Method. The reason for this behavior is that if you pay open items, usually the Memo Line is automatically generated, and hence if the data entered manually are kept while switching the account assignment, the automatic generation will not be done.
System behavior is correct. If you enter a text in Memo Line field and then change the account assignment on Payment Application Method, please enter the text again.
KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To