During the replication of cost centers you got the error message Locking Failed: Origination Center XYZ is locked by SAP_SYSTEM user.
You would like to know, Why the SAP_SYSTEM user is locking Company XYZ?
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Master Data Replication Work Center.
- Under Import view select the Cost Centers.
- Select the required Remote Cost Center ID.
- Press Replicate All button.
You got the error message because pending Employee Replication Request is still running which acquires the lock in the Organization Center object.
- Go to the Application & User Management Work Center.
- Go to the Background Jobs View
- Select All Running Jobs & press Go button.
- You will find that Status of Employee Master Data Replication Request Processing Run ABC is Running.
System users obtain Origination Center lock because Background job of employee replication perform update in the Organizational Assignment of an employee in a Origination Center.
And hence if the Organization Center is locked by another replication request like Employee Replication, It is not possible to start Cost Center replication in parallel.
You can start Cost Center replication once pending Employee Replication is finished.
KBA , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To