You have created an extension field in the purchase order screen, after entering a value in the extension field, when you add a new line item in the New Purchase Order Screen system overrides the value of the extension field and it becomes blank.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- In the Show field select All Purchase Orders from the drop down list.
- Search for the purchase order ID and Edit it.
- In the opened window, go to the General tab, you have included an extension field, enter a text value in the field.
- Go to the Items tab, select Add Row button, enter the required data.
- Now go to the General tab again, you could see that the extension field has become blank.
For the extension field you have added the extension scenario :
Supplier - General Information to Purchase Order - General Information -> Business Partner - General Information to Purchase Order - General Information
which means whenever the Add Row or Copy action is done in the New Purchase Order screen, the extension fields in turn calls the Supplier Master Data details and the data is overridden. Hence after entering the value in the extension fields when you add a new line item in the New Purchase order screen the value disappears as the system reads the supplier detail values from the supplier master and in this case for the supplier under General Information tab there is no extension field found. Thus the field value becomes empty.
In order to resolve the issue, you can either deactivate the extension scenario which you have added or include the extension field & text value in the Supplier master data according to your need.
If the extension field value needs to be entered manually all the time then you can remove the extension scenario using the following steps :
- Go to the Purchase requests & orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase orders view.
- Edit the purchase order ID, in the opened window, select Adapt -> Enter Adaptation mode ->then Edit screen.
- Select the section General Information -> Extension fields tab, select the extension field which you have created and select the Further Usage link.
- In the opened window, go to the Extension Scenarios tab, in the second table, choose the extension scenario and select the Deactivate button.
- Save & publish the extension field changes.
In case, if for a supplier the extension field value is constant then you can maintain the field value in the supplier master data. The steps to be followed are :
- Go to the Supplier Base work center.
- Select the Supplier ID and select Edit -> General tab.
- In the opened window, select Adapt -> Enter Adaptation mode ->then Edit screen.
- Select the section Supplier /Bidder, select Extension fields tab, you will see the extension field there.
- Make the field visible and publish it.
- Later maintain values in the extension field and perform Save.
- Then, whenever you create a new purchase order when this supplier ID is entered, the system will by default enter the values in the extension field.
KBA , extension field , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To