You updated the input materials in a Bill of Materials, but in the corresponding Production Model changes are not reflected.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Planning and Product Master Data work center.
- Go to the Production Bill of Materials view.
- Search the relevant BoM.
- Search for input product XYZ. You can see that the material is not included in the BoM variant.
- Now go to the Production Models view.
- Search for the production model for the relevant production model.
- Then choose Open Released Planning Model button.
- Select the latest RPM version.
- Go to the Products view and then select Input Products view. Here you can see that it is still showing product ID XYZ.
After you make changes in the BoM, you then need to release the production model for planning and execution. Then only updates will be reflected in the released production model.
System is working as designed.
In case, there are hundreds or more of production models to update or if you need to change a range of input products, it is not feasible for you to do this one by one. Then you can use the Automated Actions Production Bill Of Material Mass Maintenance in order to maintain the input products in BoM. You can also Check and release Production Models to release the changes.
- Go to the Planning and Production Master Data work center.
- Go to the Automated Action View
- Select the Production Bill Of Material Mass Maintenance Run.
- Choose the New button.
- Enter a Run ID, Description and an ECO ID.
- Select Delete Input Product check box. You can select other option as well.
- Enter Input Product XYZ.
- Select Check Production Model and Release Production Model.
- Choose Next
- Choose Select All button to select all the BoMs which have input products XYZ..
- Schedule the job as per the business requirement.
Please note that using this Automated Action, you are Deleting the Input Products, not just un-assigning it from the BoM variants.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To