You cannot post a customer invoice to accounting due to the error message:
Account determination is missing for position type Sales Revenue.
Specify account determination in chart of accounts and account determination profile XYZ. Column Path Sales->Revenues (Materials)->Sales Revenue, Position Type Sales Revenue.
But you feel the system should not throw the error message above, as under Revenue Assignment, you assign the item to G/L Account, and the account determination is well maintained for that G/L Account alias.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to work center Customer Invoicing.
- Go to view Invoicing Documents.
- Show All Documents.
- Select the customer invoice in question, and then choose Edit.
- Select the button Post.
You see the error mentioned above.
The customer invoice has a G/L account assignment which maps to an account of type Other Liabilities. In this case, the system still needs a revenue account to post the business transaction to, which then appears under G/L account (origin) in reporting. If the customer invoice item does not have a Product ID assigned, the determination is done for the material view in revenue account determination with an empty Account Determination Group.
So you have to maintain the account determination as mentioned in the error message. For details, follow the below steps:
- Go to work center Business Configuration.
- Go to Overview.
- Select activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Choose Change Immediately. If the button is grayed out, you have to open the activity from the Implementation Projects view.
- Select Account Determination of Sales.
- Go to tab Revenues, select Materials.
- Here add row for Account Determination Group Commercial Sales for Customers, keep the account determination group for materials as empty, and maintain accounts under Sales Revenue for this group.
Once you save the changes in the activity, you should be able to successfully post the invoice.
KBA , revenue assignment , sales revenue, position type sales reven , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To