When you try to activate a Organizational Structure, system throws below error message
Service properties of XYZ () should be changed in future only. When the service properties are changed in the past, service reporting may become inconsistent.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Select Edit Org Structures under Common Tasks.
- Highlight the Org Structure.
- Select Activate button and choose Activate All.
The cause for the error message is might be because below reasons,
- You try to delimit the Service Properties of any Service Organization or Customer Service to a Past date.
- You try to delimit the Service Properties of any Service Organization or Customer Service to a Present date itself.
- The Functions was unchecked completely.
It is not possible to delete these functions, in case if there is Service requests created for the Service organization.
Hence, to resolve the error message, follow the below steps:
1. Go to Organizational Management work center.
2. Select Edit Org Structures.
3. Set the Effective From date.
4. Highlight the Org Unit .
5. Go to Functions tab.
6. Check Service Organization.
7. Go to Timelines tab.
8. Scroll down to Functions attribute.
9. Change the Valid To date of Service Organization and Customer Service to a future date.
11. Save and Activate the Changes.
KBA , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To