When you try to remove a Payroll Group Assignment of a particular Employee, system throws below error messages:
Removal of payroll group not allowed
Pay Group Assignment validity must match Work Agreement validity
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Personnel Administration work center.
- Select Employees view.
- Search for Employee ID and Select Edit button.
- Go to tab Employment and sub tab Payroll Group Assignment.
- Select a Payroll Group and select Remove button.
There are couple of causes that may lead to this error message, they are
The reason that you are not able to remove the Payroll Group for the Employee is that the Employee is already used in the Payroll Run and Data File Created was also created.
This can be verified as follows,
1. Go to Payroll Processing work center.
2. Select Payroll Run view.
3. Select the link of the Payroll Group under Payroll Group.
4. Go to Employee Data tab and All Employees sub tab.
5. Here, the employee is already assigned.
Hence, it is not possible to remove the Payroll group.
The reason for this is that there is a check to ensure that the latest pay group assignment end date cannot be less than work agreement end date. Hence when the pay group XYZ is deleted the end date of latest pay group becomes a past date which is less than the end date of this employee's work agreement. Thus causing this error message.
To overcome the issue, Delete both payroll group rows in the Personnel File of the employee and assign the employee to the correct payroll group again with the validity equal to the validity of the Work Agreement.
In case, if the payroll snapshot has been started for payroll group XYZ, then first remove the employee from the payroll snapshot. This should be performed from SAP side, hence report an incident for this removal and also confirm whether this Payroll Group has already been sent to payroll(DATEV) or not.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To