When invoicing an invoice request, system splits it into 2 invoices. The reason of the split is due to the difference on Seller Tax Number.
In this case, there are 2 items in the invoice request. The first item has no Seller Tax Number and the second one has Seller Tax Number.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Select one invoice request and click Invoice button.
- System proposes 2 invoices. Select both row and click Split Analysis button.
You can see the first item has no Seller Tax Number however the other one has.
As the system design, if the tax reporting unit is assigned to the company tax arrangement then the tax number would be returned. The reason would be that user removed this assignment due to which one item has a tax number and the other does not.
You have to trigger tax calculation again by making a dummy change in the list price in the sales order and then the tax numbers in both items will be consistent. And you can continue with the invoicing.
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Edit certain sales order and go to Items tab.
- Change the List Price to another value, press Enter key. Then change it back to the original value. This will trigger a recalculation on tax.
KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To