When Creating a New Service Confirmation the error : Copying referenced sales order item ID ABC-YY for service confirmation is not possible as it is enabled for time recording is triggered.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Order work center.
- From the Common Task create the New Sales Order.
- In the New Sales Order screen, enter Account and other details and click on the Save button. The Sales Order ABC (where ABC is sales order id) is created.
- Click on the Edit button for sales order ABC and go to the Items tab.
- Click on Add Row button and for line-item YY add the service item PQR(where PQR is service item of type Time and Material).
- Now click on the button Submit->Release to Service Execution.
- Go to the Field Service and Repair work center.
- Go to the Order Pipeline view and in the Show field from drop-down select All Orders to be Execution and in the Find field enter sales order id ABC.
- Select the record and click on the button Confirm Execution.
In the New Service Confirmation screen the error :Copying referenced sales order item ID ABC-YY for service confirmation is not possible as it is enabled for time recording is triggered.
You need to set the proper scoping relevant question to have Service Confirmation for the Sales Order->Item manually.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the current Project and click on button Edit Project Scope.
- In the Scoping screen go to the Step 4:Questions.
- In the Show field from drop-down select All Elements and expand the scoping element:Sales ->Selling Products and Services->Sales Order.
For the Question for Sales Orders: Do you want to record time for sales orders? is to be set as NO (i. e. checkbox should not be selected)
KBA , AP-SCO , Service Confirmation Processing , How To