You are trying to terminate a relationship with an employee and the error message is displayed :
Cannot Delimit Time File Validity; Employee Times Exist; Cancel Times.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Personnel Administration work Center.
- Go to Regular tasks view.
- Choose terminate relationship with employee.
- Choose Employee XYZ.
- Click on Save Button.
The system will show the error message.
This is the system's expected behavior. It is not allowed to terminate an employee when the effective termination date is earlier then any In Approval, Approved or Active time entry.
Only time entries after the effective termination date which are Cancelled are not considered in raising the error message while terminating an employee.
1. Go to Time Administration Work Center.
2. Go to Employees view.
3. Select the employee XYZ.
4. Edit it.
5. Go to Employee Times tab.
6. You can see an approved, in approval or active time entry overlap with termination date.
7. Select this time record and press Remove button.
8. Save it.
After remove you will be able to proceed with the termination of the employee.
KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , How To