In the Payables work center, you click on Automatic Payments and find out that for one payment proposal, the Payment Method field is empty.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Payables work center.
- Go to Automatic Payments view.
- Show All Payment Proposals.
- For the Payment proposal in question, you could see the Payment Method is empty.
- Choose Edit, you get the error message: Payment details must be determined.
- Check the Financial Data in the master data of the concerned Payee, you can see both the payment methods: Check and Bank Transfer are available.
The payee of this payment proposal is in another country, so this is an international payment. For international payment, the field Bank Charges Paid By in the Financial Data tab of supplier master data, a mandatory field for international bank transfer, should be maintained. However in your case, it's empty, so the system does not propose the payment method for the automatic payment.
In order to have the system propose the Payment Method for this payee during payment run, maintain Bank Charges Paid By in the Supplier master data. While for the already created payment proposal, you may either void it or edit it to manually change the Payment Method.
KBA , payables , payment method , international bank transfer , SRD-FIN-ACP , Payables , How To