In the project based sales order the cancellation of remaining ordered qunatity is not possible once the invoicing process has started in this case we can close project based in process sales order manually.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Sales Order Work Center.
- Choose Sales Orders view.
- Choose Sales Order XYZ (XYZ represents the Sales Order ID).
- Choose Edit button.
- Choose View All button.
- Go to Items tab
- Here you can see the quantity field is grayed out you cannot change the quantity.
System will not allow to change the ordered quantity in the sales order when the sales order status is in process and invoice process has started hence we cannot reduce the quantity we can close the sales order line quantity by doing manually Finish Invoicing which prevents the further delivery of the quantity.
- Go to Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select Project Invoicing view.
- Select the Sales Order sub view.
- Search for the corresponding Sales Order XYZ (XYZ represents the Sales Order ID which is having status as in process or not started which you want to close).
- Select the corresponding Sales Order.
- Under below Details: Sales Order to Items tab.
- Select the Items which you want to close.
- Select Change Status -> Finish Fulfilment/Finish Invoicing button to close the delivery/invoicing process.
Note : when you are finishing invoicing for the Project based sales order manually we need to make it sure that all the project task associated with the Sales orders are either completed or closed or the project is completed or closed.
KBA , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To