You are trying to post a supplier invoice and the following error message appears on the screen.
Example: Only one tax rate allowed for tax type Sales And Use Tax and rate type Standard (country United States).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoices and Credit Memos view.
- Select the relevant Supplier Invoice.
- Navigate to the Exceptions tab.
- Or select the Check button.
Pre-requisite: Open the affected business document and note the tax country, tax date, jurisdiction code/region, tax type and the rate % for all items.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Select the Overview.
- Select the activity Tax on Goods and Services.
-if the country is US, choose Tax on Goods and services-US -> Define Sales Tax Rate Schedules.
-if the country is Canada, choose Tax on Goods and Services- Canada.
The tax rate for a given tax date might be different in the affected document and the fine tuning business configuration.
- Change the Tax Date of Line Item.
- Now system shows an Exception: Tax amount xxx differs from calculated tax amount xxx.
- Select Calculate Total Amounts from the Actions button.
- Now the status of the Invoice changes to Ready for Posting.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To