Expense report shows in the general tab the Cost Assignment of the employee, instead of Cost Assignment of receipts.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Travel and Expenses Work Center.
2. Go to Expense Reports View.
3. Search for Expense report.
4. Click on Edit.
5. You will see the cost assignment as XXXX which is the same of employee that the expense report was created.
6. Go to Receipts tab.
7. In Details click on Deviating Cost Assignment.
8. You will see all the receipts with a different cost assignment as General Tab.
This is the system correct behavior.
The cost assignment shown in the General tab is for overall expense report and deviating cost assignment is entered in case you want a different one from the general for a specific receipt(s).
The final cost assignment of different amounts are shown in the Review tab or by clicking on the number of expense report.
KBA , SRD-FIN-ERM , Travel and Expense Management , How To