While running the The Sales Targets for Incoming Orders (Manager) report you noticed that some values are not considered by the report. In this case, the Key Figure Net Value (Incoming Sales Orders) seems to exclude specific Sales Orders amount where the Requested Date match the Calendar Year while the Posting Date doesn't.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Managing My Area work center and choose Report List.
- Open the Sales Targets for Incoming Orders (Manager) report.
- Choose the desired values from the Selection screen and select GO. (In this case, we select Calendar Year equal to 2014).
- Add the desired Characteristics and Key Figures. (In this case, we display the Calendar Year and the Net Value (Incoming Sales Orders) Key Figure).
- You noticed that some Sales Orders amounts are missing from the Net Value (Incoming Sales Orders) Key Figure.
- When you drill down in the amount missing you could see that the missing Sales Orders had the Requested Date within the Calendar Year time frame selection (in this case 2014) although the Posting Date didn't (in this case 2013).
The system behavior is as designed.
The Sales Targets for Incoming Orders (Manager) report uses the Posting Date as main reference and does not take the Requested Date into consideration.
For this reason the Net Value (Incoming Sales Orders) Key Figure will include Sales Order amounts of Sales Order that have a Posting Date within the Calendar Year selection time frame.
The reasons why posting date of a sales order is considered are:
- This is the date when the Sales Order document is entered in the system.
- While invoicing the Posting Date is what is considered.
- For a continuous fulfillment of a Sales Order the posting date is preferred/used (e.g. where SO item is project).
KBA , crmstpu01_q0001 , SRD-CC , Cross Components , How To