In an intercompany scenario, adding a new item in the purchase order does not update the existing sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
Pre-requisite: Using intercompany scenario, you have created purchase order ABC, which automatically created sales order XYZ.
You are now updating the purchase order with a new item :
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Edit the Purchase Order ABC.
- Add the Item DEF to the Purchase Order.
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Go to the Sales Orders view.
- Edit the sales order XYZ. You cannot find the Item DEF in the list of Items
Initially sales order XYZ was created with only one line item with sales organization PQR and distribution channel as Direct Sales. Sales order was released as well for this line item. Later update was sent from purchase order ABC, in which you added second line item DEF. For line item DEF, sales organization PQR is not maintained in the master data. So if system allows to update the sales order, the sales order would become inconsistent. Since sales order is already released, system rejects such updates for the sales order.
If the sales order is already released, then system will only accept those updates, which should not try to make sales order inconsistent. That is why second line item is not visible in the sales order XYZ. Also in the purchase order ABC, Output History tab, system is showing Error status for the changed purchase order.
To resolve the issue, you need to maintain sales organization PQR and distribution channel as Direct Sales for the item DEF. To do so, kindly follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go to the Product Data work center.
- If item DEF is a Material, then select Materials view. If DEF is a service, then select the Services view.
- Search for DEF.
- Choose View All button.
- Go to the Sales tab. Here you need to maintain sales organization and distribution channel.
Please refer case document 1846544 - In an Intercompany Scenario (A2A/B2B), Adding a New Item in the Purchase Order does Not Update the Existing Sales Order, which describes, a similar issue but different cause.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To