- Gridlines missing.
- Cross-tab Gridlines are not exported.
- When exporting a report that contains a Cross-tab from Crystal Reports to MS Excel format, the gridlines are not exported in MS Excel.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report off any data source.
- Add a cross-tab to the report. By default the cross-tab have gridlines.
- Export the report to MS Excel format.
When opening the exported report in MS Excel, notice the gridlines are not exported.
Cross-tab Gridlines are not a supported functionality when exporting to MS Excel format. This is why the gridlines does not displayed when exported to MS Excel format.
- For a list of supported features by exporting format, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1946358
- The feature of being able to export cross-tab gridlines has been proposed for future product enhancement on SAP Idea Place at: Cannot export lines and boxes used in the report to excel format
Note: that ideas posted on SAP Idea Place does not gurantee it will be added in future product version, but the ideas receiving the most votes are reviewed.
cr viewer designer xlsx , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem