When manually uploading a journal entry voucher with more than 16000 lines into the system, the system shows the upload fails, and gives error message:The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error. But if you check in the front end, sometimes, the data is successfully uploaded.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center, and select the Journal Entries view.
- Select the Journal Entry Vouchers subview.
- Choose New Journal Entry Voucher from Microsoft Excel.
- Enter more than 16000 records.
- Choose Save.
- The system then gives the previously mentioned error message.
There is a limit imposed by the system itself that one call to the backend may not exceed a certain time limit, usually around 10 minutes. It seems that the processing limit is hit around 16000 items in your case. It is a current limitation that only affects very few use cases.
In order to avoid the error message, you can either split the journal entry voucher into multiple ones, or try using the asynchronous webservice we offer for uploading big vouchers.
Please see the A2A document on this page: https://wiki.sme.sap.com/wiki/display/SBBC/SAP+Integration+Scenarios
KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP , Service Request Processing , How To