The above error is seen when adding an employee through the Employees tab of Organizational Management work center.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Enter the Planning Area by selecting the Edit button and supplying the Effective Date.
- Select a particular org unit where you intent to hire an employee.
- Navigate to the Employees tab.
- Select the Add button.
- Enter the ID of a terminated employee/ employee for whom Basic Data has already been created and hit Enter.
The cause for this is that as per the design of Business ByDesign, the system allows only to add service agents in the Employees tab of the org unit. This can be verified when you select the value help for employees in the org management work center, you see only service agent IDs in the list and not IDs of internal employees.
The scenario of assigning an internal employee to an org unit can be explained in two ways as below:
- In a solution where HCM elements are scoped, Hiring, Re-hiring and Transfer can be done in the Personnel Administration work center.
- In a solution where HCM elements are not in scope, the same can be done through the Employees view of the Business Partner Data work center.
KBA , org management , hire internal employee , SRD-MD-OM , Organizational Management , How To