You try to do Manual Posting - Acquisition of an existing fixed asset, in the new screen, you cannot find the desired G/L account from the Account list under Offsetting Account Assignment.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Fixed Assets work center, and choose the Fixed Assets view.
- Select the Fixed Assets subview.
- Select the target fixed asset and choose Manual Posting and then Acquisition.
- Check the proposed Document Date and Posting Date. You can enter a Description. You can change the proposed Closing Step.
- Check the specified source individual material number.
- Enter the Transaction Currency Amount.
- From the Account list under Offsetting Account Assignment, try to find the desired G/L account,but it's not there.
All the accounts displayed in the Offsetting Account list are set with G/L Account Type OASSET - Other assets, whereas the desired account is with type ASSET - Fixed assets, so it's not displayed in the list.
In order to get the desired G/L Account shown in the list, follow the steps below:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project and perform the action Open Activity List.
- Navigate to Fine tune and select the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Select Edit chart of accounts.
- Find the desired G/L Account, and change the G/L Account Type to OASSET - Other assets.
- Save the change.
- Redo the Manual Posting - Acquisition of the target fixed asset, you should be able to see the desired G/L account from the Offsetting Account list.
KBA , gl account missing , offsetting account , manual acquistion , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To