You are trying to assign a certain employee to an organizational chart there is an error message displayed : Employee XYZ has inactive assignments in Organizational Management, first activate OM assignments.
Note: This case document is applicable in case the issue is with Service Agent
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Partners work center.
- Go to Employees view.
- Select employee XYZ and click on Edit.
- In the Organizational Unit field select the Org Unit.
- In the Job ID field select job position.
- Click on Save.
The error message: Employee XYZ has inactive assignments in Organizational Management, first activate OM assignments will be displayed.
The Selected Org unit has inactive changes that needs to be activated , that is the reason to prevent you to assign the same to the employee.
- Go to Organizational Management work center.
- Go to Org Structures view.
- Search by the Org Structures and edit it.
- Click on the activate button.
- Select the Activate Selected Structure option .
After the org unit is activated you should be able to assign it to the employee.
Note (In case of Service Agent): Delimit or remove the Service Agent assignment from Org Unit (planning area) and then try the Org Assignment.
KBA , LOD-LE-BP-BP , Business Partner , How To