Crystal Report with image and text on top of image when exported to excel format, the text on top of image/picture appears one row below in excel file. It does not appear on the picture as it appears in the crystal report.
- Crystal Report Designer 2008
- Crystal Report Designer 2011
- Crystal Report Designer 2013
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new blank crystal report.
- Insert a picture/image (any format of picture ex: .png, .jpg etc.) in any section of the report.
- Insert a text on top of the picture.
- Export the report to excel format.
- In the excel file, the text appears one line below the picture. It does not appear on the picture as it appears in the crystal report.
The issue is a limitation in Excel where-in it cannot hold image and text both in the same cell. That's the reason we see the text is moved to a different cell.
This is By-Design with the product
Crystal Report, Export to Excel, xls, XLS , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem