Although open items to exist for g/l account XYZ, the report G/L Accounts - Open Items does not show all open items that exist for a certain key date or g/l account XYZ is not listed at all.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Enter the Reports view and List.
- Open the report G/L Accounts - Open Items.
- Enter appropriate filter data selecting the open items for G/L Account XYZ at a given Key Date.
Open g/l account items must exhibit an associated Open Item Reference in order to be listed in the report G/L Accounts - Open Items. This is a system definition.
As an alternative we recommend to employ the report G/L Accounts - Line Items in order to display the entirety of all items without clearing for a g/l account at a given key date.
- In the General Ledger work center under Reports choose G/L Accounts - Line Items.
- Enter the relevant filter data, also defining the appropriate Accounting Period/Year which corresponds with the Key Date in the report G/L Accounts - Open Items and run the report for G/L Account XYZ.
- Draw the characteristic Clearing Date into the report-rows and access the tab Edit Filter.
- By the setting the filter for Clearing Date to "#", only un-cleared (and therefore open) items are shown for the selected period.
KBA , clearing date , open item reference , g/l accounts - line items , g/l accounts - open items , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To