- When a crystal report is created based on a Sybase open Client, the Unicode Characters are displayed incorrectly
For Example : Arabic Characters are displayed as ???
- Crystal Reports 2008
- SAP Crystal Reports 2011
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- Sybase ASE 15
- Sybase Open Client 15.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch Crystal Reports
- Go to File >> New >> Blank Report
- In Database Expert window, Create a new connection for Sybase Server.
- Select the table from the database
- Place the field from the table in the Details Section
- Execute the report
- Unicode Characters are displayed incorrectly.
- For example : Arabic characters are displayed as ???
Crystal Reports with Sybase Open Client ( Sybase Native Client ) does not support Unicode.
- Create a report using an ODBC connection to the Sybase Database.
- Unicode Characters are displayed correctly (In this case, Arabic Characters)
Arabic characters, ???, Sybase open client, Sybase ASE, Sybase Native client. , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or BusinessViews Manager , Problem