You defined a recurring invoice plan (template). You notice that the invoices created out of the plan don't go for approval like manual invoices.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Supplier Invoicing.
- Go to the view Recurring Invoices.
- Choose Show: Active Recurring Invoices.
- Mark the relevant Document ID.
- Go to the tab Invoice History.
- The status of the invoice is Posted.
The invoice did not go for approval because it was created out of a recurring invoice plan. For recurring invoices, the approval process was not defined because most of our customers would not expect that every time each invoice would go for approval.
From release FP1308, there is a new condition available in the approval process for supplier invoices: "Entry Method = Recurring invoice". You will be able to define steps to have the recurring invoices go for approval similarly to manual invoices.
KBA , AP-SIP , Supplier Invoice Processing , How To