You have recorded times for a Service Agent and want to find these time recordings in one of the standard Employee Times reports. However, service agents are not listed in the reports.
Reproducing the Issue
- You go to the Time Administration work center and access the view Reports.
- You select one of the Employee Times reports.
- For example you open the report Employee Times: Monthly and click Go.
- You see that the service agents are not displaying in this report even though times are recorded for them. Only internal employees are displayed.
The standard reports like Employee Times: Monthly do not show service agent data.
The data source which is used in the standard reports (Data Source name: Employee Times, technical name: HCMTLMU01) contains the service agent data. Therefor you can create a new report based on this data source from the Business Analytics work center. Please proceed as follows:
- Go to the Business Analytics work center, Design Reports view.
- Select New Report (this will open the Report Wizard).
- In Step 1 choose the data source HCMTLMU01.
- In the next steps select the necessary keyfigures and charachteristics.
- Make sure to select the Key Date charachteristic (Step 3), define it as a variable (Step 4) and make it mandatory (Step 5) to give the date period in the report.
- Also make sure to select characteristic Time Type Category (Step 3). In step 4 choose the value selection as Fixed Value Selection. Then click the button Set Fixed Value Selections. A pop up window opens up with the field Time Type Category. Select the More icon next to the input field. Another Pop up screen opens up. Check the But Exclude option and in the below given input field enter the value 12 (valuation result).
- Finish the report wizard and check the newly created report. It will contain Service Agent data.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To