The Customer Invoicing Run is not creating any invoice for a sales transaction which is not a Third-Party scenario (automatic invoicing is not supported for the third party scenario).
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Documents view.
- Search for customer invoice request XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the customer invoice request).
- Select the Go button.
You can find the status of the customer invoice request XYZ is still in To be Invoiced, though you have already included the account in the Customer Invoice Run.
The customer invoice request does not get invoiced as the systems assumes a chain transaction. You also get an warning message in the customer invoice request: Check tax codes; taxation for chain transaction may apply.
This is based on the following facts:
- The Account and Ship-To party in the preceding sales order are in different countries.
- The country of the Seller party is not equal to country of Ship-To party.
The invoice request is not invoiced automatically to ensure the manual check, so that you can change the tax country (if required).
This is the expected behavior of SAP Business ByDesign system.
KBA , AP-SLO , Sales Order Processing , How To