You have migrated an Employee but the Employee is missing in Personnel Administration but the respective Business Partner exists in Business Partner work center with the role Employee.
And also, you are not able to Block the employee in Business Partner work center.
Reproducing the Issue
Business Partner work center:
- Go to Business Partner work center.
- Select Business Partner view.
- Search with employee XYZ , the Business Partner exists for the employee XYZ.
Personnel Administration work center:
- Go to Personnel Administration work center.
- Select Employees view.
- Search for the employee XYZ, employee XYZ is not available.
The cause for the issue is that you have migrated this employee using Migrate basic employee data using the migration tool but the follow up activity Migrate personnel administration data using the migration tool was not completed. So the employees have no personnel administration specific data (as work agreement, employment, etc.) till now. Therefore within work center Personnel Administration and view Employees the Employees will not be found.
So, you have migrated at first only the Employee data (without Personnel Administration data) with the functionality 'Migrate basic employee data using the migration tool' or you created the Employee at a point of time there Process component Personnel Administration has not been scoped in your system. The Personnel Administration is now scoped. So in both cases you have to add the missing Personnel Administration data via the migration functionality as below described:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Overview.
- Search for the activity Migration of Employee Data.
- Select the link Migrate basic employee data using the migration tool.
- Open the respective Migration Template and You can find the employee here. This step is for verification.
- Now, you have two possibilities:
- Select the link Migrate personnel administration data using the migration tool or select link Manually create Personnel File using basic employee data' and add the missing personnel administration data.
Afterwards the Employee will occur in the work center Personnel Administration within view Employees.
Note: if you don't want to have this Employee in the system, then report Incident to SAP Support to remove the Employee.
KBA , SRD-MD-BP , Business Partner , How To