You are unable to create a purchase order from a purchase request due to an error message:
Buyer responsible missing
as a service agent.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Requests view.
- In the Show field, select All Purchase Requests from drop down and search for the respective purchase request ID.
- Select the purchase request ID and select the New Purchase Order button.
- Fill in the necessary fields and select save button.
- Error message appears on the screen.
As you have not maintained the Organizational Distribution Rules for the Purchasing business area system was not able to determine buyer responsible and was giving the error message.
You have to define the work distribution rules in the Organizational Management work center. System selects the Buyer responsible field based on the following two work distribution rules :
- Organizational Work Distribution rule - This distribution rule is used to determine the Purchasing Unit and the Buyer Responsible from the determined purchasing unit ID. This rule applies for both Purchase Requests & Purchase Orders.
- Employee Work Distribution rule - In this distribution rule you can define the employee based on every purchasing unit or for all purchasing unit IDs.
The following are the steps to maintain the work distribution rules for the above two.
- Organizational Work Distribution Rule :
- Go to the Organizational Management work center.
- Go to the Work Distribution view and select the