How to change the default delivery rule in the sales order.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Create a New Sales Order from Common Tasks.
- Add account, sales unit and other required details in the sales order.
- Select the View All button and go to the Items tab.
- Add the product ABC (ABC represents the ID of the product).
- Go to the Details subtab.
- The Delivery Rule field has by default selected Single Delivery - Full Quantity.
You want to know if there is any option to change the default selection to any other value like Single Delivery.
The defaulting of the Delivery Rule field can only be done for one of the below options:
- Single delivery - Full Quantity.
- Multiple Deliveries.
No other option like Single Delivery can be defaulted.
The defaulting of the delivery rule Single Delivery - Full Quantity or Multiple Deliveries is based on the account master data setting.
In the Sales Data tab of the Account, for the Sales Organization if you select the checkbook for the Complete Delivery then the delivery rule in the sales order will be defaulted to Single Delivery - Full Quantity.
If you do not select the checkbook for the Complete Delivery then the delivery rule in the sales order will be defaulted to Multiple Deliveries.
The SAP Business ByDesign system is behaving as designed.
KBA , SRD-FIN-COR , Cost & Revenue , How To