While working with the Purchase Order Commitment report, the Comittment Cost field shows a different balance if Purchase Order ID field is added to the report.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics workcenter
- Click on the Reports view and Lists subview.
- Open the Purchase Order Commitment Report in web browser. Select the variables from variable screen and execute the report.
- Now move fields: Project Task, Purchase Order Item, Purchase Order ID, Project and Status to the report from the Currently Not Shown section.
- The Commitment Cost field shows the value XXX
- Now, remove the fields: Purchase Order Item, Project and Status from the report. Here you will see that, the Commitment Cost field shows a different value YYY.
The root cause of this inconsistent balance for Commitment Cost field differs when different set of fields are moved to the report is because when the purchase order item ID field is removed; the summing of ordered quantity etc is not possible as the purchase order sometimes has different unit of measurement (UoM) on different line items.
If different unit of measurement (UoM) is present on different Line items then summing of Ordered quantity is not possible hence the calculation of commitment cost also fails to show consistent values.
To get an accurate value, Purchase Order Item ID charecteristic should always be included in the report. As long as this is included, balance for the field commitment cost is calculated correctly.
KBA , AP-PRP , Purchase Request Processing , How To