You are trying to post goods issue and when you enter serial numbers, system displays following error message:
Error: Decoding of bar code failed
-----> Default configuration for bar code missing
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logsitics work center.
- Select Delivery Control--> Delivery Proposals view.
- Search for the proposal, for which you want to post goods issue.
- Select the searched proposal and choose Post Goods Issue button.
- Select the Serial Numbers tab.
- In the Next Serial Number, enter a serial number and hit Enter button, system displays error messages.
For using serial numbers, it is necessary to enable bar code (i.e. Automatic Identification) functionality in the business configuration. Since currently it is not scoped in your system, that is why system is showing the error message
To resolve the issue, you need to scope bar code by selecting Automatic Identification option in the business configuration. You can find this option in the scoping by navigating to Manufacturing, Warehousing and Logistics--> Task Management and Automation-->Automatic Identification. Select this element into your scope. Finish the selection and deploy the solution.
After that if you try again to post the goods issue, you will not get the error message.
KBA , barcode , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , How To