You have maintained an exchange rate xxx for a particular period and performed the Foreign Currency Remeasurement Run for Receivables for that particular period and you notice that the remeasurement run still uses an exchange rate from the past
Reproducing the Issue
- In the Receivables work center, choose the Periodic Tasks view.
- Select the Foreign Currency Remeasurement Runs subview.
- Click on New and choose Foreign Currency Remeasurement Run from the list.
- Enter the Company ID and Period/Year.
- Click on Start Immediately.
- Choose Display Log.
- In the 'List of Logs' screen, click on View.
- Go to the Processed Successfully tab.
- Choose one line item with the transaction currency being <xyz>.
- Document the exchange rate shown in the 'Key Date Exchange Rate' column
- Then go to the General Ledger work center.
- Under Common Tasks, click the Edit Exchange Rates link.
In the Exchange Rate for Foreign Currencies table, you can see the exchange rate from <xyz> to <abc> is different from that in the Foreign Currency Remeasurement Run
During the Foreign Currency Remeasurement Run, the system determines the key date on the basis of the selection parameters 'Period' and 'Fiscal Year'. The last day of the period or fiscal year is the key date. In the system, there is one exchange rate from currency <xyz> to <abc> which is valid from the last day of the month, when the Foreign Currency Remeasurement Run is executed the system has taken the Exchange Rate prevailing for that period end only and not as per the valid date in the Exchange rate history
System behaved as designed, You expect the system to take the exchange rate as per valid dates maintained for the exchange rates but system takes the exchange rate that is valid for the period for which you run the foreign currency remeasurement.
KBA , SRD-FIN-TAX , Tax Management , How To