You want the Tax Number to be blank in the invoice documents if the account has more than one VAT numbers maintained.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Follow the steps below to check the Tax Data in the account:
- Go to the Accounts Management work center.
- Go to the Accounts view.
- Show All Accounts and Find XYZ (XYZ represents the ID of the customer account).
- Go to the Financial Data tab and select the Tax Data subtab.
- The Tax Data tab has multiple tax numbers entered for different countries.
Follow the steps below to check the Tax Number in the invoice documents:
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the New Manual Invoice from Common Tasks.
- Add the account ABC in the new manual invoice (ABC represents the ID of the account).
- Add the Invoicing Unit, Sales Unit, Product in the new manual invoice.
- Go to the Items tab and select the taxes subtab.
- The Tax Number XXX has been select in the Customer's Tax Registration section (XXX represents the number of the VAT).
You expect that the invoice document should not select any Tax Number if the account has multiple entries for the tax numbers for different countries.
SAP Business ByDesign system picks the Tax Number under Customer's Tax Registration section as per the below logic:
- If the Tax Number is not available in the Account Financial Data then the Tax Number field will be blank in the business document like Manual Invoice Request.
- If there is a Tax Number maintained in the Account Financial Data, the Tax Number will be added in the business document like Manual Invoice Request.
- If multiple Tax Numbers are available in the Account Financial Data, then the system picks the first entry and add it in the business document like Manual Invoice Request.
This is the expected behavior of the SAP Business ByDesign.
This is a specific requirement and a customer specific change is required for it.
You can contact the SAP service center (email@example.com) to check the possibility of implementing the desired logic for the Tax Number determination in the invoice documents.
Customer Tax registration, Tax number, Account, Master Data, Financial Data, invoice, customer invoice , KBA , AP-CI , Customer Invoice Processing , How To