Error Message: Comp. agreement for employee XYZ already exists; migration not possible, while migrating compensation data for employee XYZ.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select the concerned change project and Open Activity List.
- Navigate to the Integrate and Extend chevron.
- Find and Open the activity Migration of Employee Data - <Country>.
- Select the link Migrate compensation data using the migration tool.
- Upload the populated file and Execute Migration.
- Continue to the Simulate Import stage.
SAP Business ByDesign does not allow for partial migration of employee data where the personnel data is manually created and the follow-up compensation data is tried to be migrated. As soon as an employee is hired, his Compensation Agreement gets created with minimal information. Specific information is supposed to be created through Compensation Hire, by editing the Compensation File for the employee.
The system is working as per design. The compensation data can be migrated for only those employees whose basic and personnel administration data were created through migration, and not manually. For manually created employees, the compensation files will also have to be manually entered.
KBA , migration , compensation data , AP-RC-BCT , Business Config. Tools (SAP Business ByDesign , How To